Server IP: play.cobalt-mc.com
  1. Welcome to Cobalt!

Welcome to the Cobalt network! This is a forum where members of our Minecraft server can communicate and interact. If you don't have Minecraft, buy it at minecraft.net.

If you've already joined our server, we invite you to sign up on our website by clicking the "Sign Up" button on the right. If you haven't logged onto our server yet, make sure to join our server with the Minecraft IP play.cobalt-mc.com, and then come back here to activate your Plus (+) rank!

We hope you enjoy your stay! Welcome!

1.9 support added

Discussion in 'Developer Ramblings' started by joshwenke, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    Cobalt has officially added support for 1.9 clients to connect to the server. That means that both 1.8 and 1.9 clients can connect and play without any difficulty.

All 1.9 items and features are disabled. If we enabled them, then the 1.8 people would not be able to play.

So, play with whichever version you enjoy the most. It won't matter at all. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently asked questions:
    • Which versions can I join with?
      • 1.8 or 1.9, your choice
    • Why can't I use 1.9 blocks?
      • We just support 1.9 people to join, their features are turned off
    • But I want to use 1.9 features
      • The only way to seamlessly allow both versions to play side by side is to include the features that both versions have. Both versions have the 1.8 blocks. Only one version has the 1.9 blocks.
    • Why do my 1.9 blocks disappear when I place them?
      • We do not support any 1.9 features. All features have been turned off.
    • When will 1.9 be actually implemented?
      • Probably not for awhile so our developers can ensure a smooth transition. The vast majority of players dislike this new update and therefore, we may hold off on updating because of the major dislike. This hybrid version will work well for awhile.
    • How will I know when 1.9 is really supported?
      • Stay updated on this website. Or, play with a 1.9 client and try to use 1.9 features. When they work, we have updated to 1.9 completely. Once we do this, no 1.8 clients can connect.
    • How can I help?
      • Redirect EVERYONE who has a question about this new update to the forums. Do not attempt to answer complex questions in-game.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. redzebra1000 Experienced Member

• Premium
    Nice! So now I can go to 1.9 to play to! Awesome! Thanks Josh!
    --- Double Post Merged Mar 22, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 20, 2016 ---
    Sadly I can't use two things at once. Well you can use elyteas, I guess. And the dragon head.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ryth__Reborn Well-Known Member

• VIP
    hey did someone ban me
    I did nothing bad
    --- Double Post Merged Mar 23, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 23, 2016 ---
    hey josh it says you are Currently banned from all Cobalt Realms,
    and not able to appeal.

I am doing good and I am ban??
    Josh can you help me plz
    --- Double Post Merged Mar 23, 2016 ---
    This Game is my life!!
  5. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    It looks like you were banned by Brad_the_Rad. Since you have two confirm-bans and a normal ban on your account, there is a good chance that you broke a rule you had previously broken before. Please post a ban appeal and we will see what Brad says.
  6. Ryth__Reborn Well-Known Member

• VIP
    hey josh will I Losh supporter I just got it when I am unban??
    I hope I do not lose supporter:(
  7. redzebra1000 Experienced Member

• Premium
    If you can get unbanned, you may have to pay for an unbann, or re-buy supporter. You can ask Liam if he would be doing any free ranks mazes any time soon.
  8. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    Usually bans do warrant a rank removal, but we will talk to Brad and see the extent of what you did or if it simply was a mistake. Please direct all conversation from this point forward to your new ban appeal thread.
  9. Ryth__Reborn Well-Known Member

• VIP
    hey josh can you get me a supporter again plz it was so cool and I had it for 2 days only cry
  10. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    I don't see why we would take your rank away. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ryth__Reborn Well-Known Member

• VIP
    so when I am unban I will still have my supporter to keep
    when can I be unban??!
  12. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    I'm not going to make any promises if you will be unbanned or not. It depends on what rule you broke. I am waiting for Brad to reply back. He has 48 hours from the time of the ban appeal being opened, so you may have to wait a day or so!
  13. Ryth__Reborn Well-Known Member

• VIP
    I am going to florida so I need to get unban so I can play when I am in the cur. I will be on hotspot
  14. Brad_the_Rad Experienced Member

• Forum Moderator
    • Server Moderator
    • Elite

Alright. You got /banned for griefing. Josh un-banned you and you played for just about a week. Someone said that someone griefed them. I tp'ed to them and saw that you griefed them Ryth. I talked to Liam and it was within the last 22hours, and Liam said that it was a pban. We've give you 2 chances to not grief, but you continued to grief. We caught you, so if you'd like to come back to Cobalt please buy an unban.
  15. Ryth__Reborn Well-Known Member

• VIP
    I said I am griefing but I am not
  16. Brad_the_Rad Experienced Member

• Forum Moderator
    • Server Moderator
    • Elite

You got warned for griefing by Liam, then you got confirm-banned by Liam for griefing again. You griefed again and then got /banned by Liam and had to appeal. When you got un-banned Josh told you "if you break another rule, you will be unable to appeal." You obviously saw this, but yet you griefed again. I was on 4 days ago building and someone said they were selling all their items for money. He said "oh know! someone griefed my anvil." I teleported to him and saw that you took it. That was with after you got un-banned, so I clarified it with Liam, and it was a perm ban. You've been given 3 chances to not grief, yet you continued to.
  17. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    Locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.