Server IP: play.cobalt-mc.com
  1. Welcome to Cobalt!

Welcome to the Cobalt network! This is a forum where members of our Minecraft server can communicate and interact. If you don't have Minecraft, buy it at minecraft.net.

If you've already joined our server, we invite you to sign up on our website by clicking the "Sign Up" button on the right. If you haven't logged onto our server yet, make sure to join our server with the Minecraft IP play.cobalt-mc.com, and then come back here to activate your Plus (+) rank!

We hope you enjoy your stay! Welcome!

Discord Server

Discussion in 'Developer Ramblings' started by itismejoey, Jun 10, 2016.

1. itismejoey Experienced Member

• Premium
    • Retired Staff
    A few months ago it was announced that we brought back our Teamspeak server. This was great because it would allow our players to connect on a different level, other than just typing to each other in game. There was just one problem. TeamSpeak is somewhat confusing if you don't know what you are doing and haven't used it before.

[IMG]

I would like to introduce you to Discord. A lot like TeamSpeak and Skype, Discord is another communication tool that focuses 100% on gamers. Discord offers different chat and voice channels that you join. They are also continuously developing and releasing cool new updates constantly (something TeamSpeak never did). Discord is also 100% free. It is for these reasons we are moving over to Discord.

This guide is going to give you the step by step instructions on how to create an account and then join our server.
    Note: If you have already created an account you can just click here to be teleported right to our server. If you do not have an account, it is suggested that you proceed through these instructions.

Registering:
    1. Go to https://discordapp.com/register your account. We suggest that you create an account with your Minecraft username, so we know who you are.
    2. Verify your email address. as you won't be able to chat in a channel without doing so.
    Multi-platform:
    • Discord is nice because you don't need an app to join the server. You can connect from any web browser.
    • The web browser does have some limitations, such as Push to Talk.
    • If you'd like, download the Discord app for your desktop or mobile device. (Recommended)
    Joining:
    • Now that you you are registered, verified and have your app all setup, you can join the server!
    • Discord has Instant Invite links that take you straight to our server.
    • To join, click https://discord.gg/0cGrbc3zuswGC0G1 and then click the Accept Invite button.
      • If you are using the web version you can click Continue to Discord, otherwise go to your Discord app and you should see the Cobalt icon in the left sidebar.
    • You will be placed in the #welcome channel. This channel is read-only and purely for listing the information and rules of the server. Please be sure to read this channel fully before proceeding.
    Channels:
    • Discord has two different channel types, text and voice. If you only want to chat on Discord you can join a text channel and type away. Voice channels allow you to talk to each other using a microphone.
    • Channels are to be used correctly based on their topic. For example, you wouldn't have a normal conversation in the #help channel and you wouldn't be asking for server help in the #random channel. Please be sure to keep channels on-topic for others.
    Rules:
    • Discord isn't monitored as much as our game server, allowing it to have a more relaxed feel to it. Keep in mind that ALL Cobalt global rules do apply to Discord and you could be punished globally if you break any rules.
    • Do not bug or pester staff if they are online for Discord, but not online in-game. For example, I have the mobile app which makes it look like I am always online (or sometimes away).
    If you have any questions or issues please feel free to post them below and I will try my best to help you out!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Lord_Death_OMM Experienced Member

• Premium
    It's on the left...
  3. itismejoey Experienced Member

• Premium
    • Retired Staff
    Oops, a little dyslexic. Fixed.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. spicyqueen40 Well-Known Member

• Supporter
    Okay, so I was trying to make a Discord account, right? I of course got a email to completely register the account but when I clicked the link, it just sent me to Discordapp.com/channels/@me. Now, I opened the link on my tablet (because I'm automatically signed in on it and I forgot its password) and it converted to my tablets browser Silk (maybe that has to do with it). A while later I think of copying the link symbol by symbol onto my computers browser, but the link expired.

I can't find another way to get that email again, because I can't do anything without it. What now?
  5. itismejoey Experienced Member

• Premium
    • Retired Staff
    hmm...if you need to, you can reset your password here https://discordapp.com/login
  6. CallyWasHere Well-Known Member

• Premium
    can my rank be added to discord?

EDIT
    thanks liam