Server IP: play.cobalt-mc.com
  1. Welcome to Cobalt!

Welcome to the Cobalt network! This is a forum where members of our Minecraft server can communicate and interact. If you don't have Minecraft, buy it at minecraft.net.

If you've already joined our server, we invite you to sign up on our website by clicking the "Sign Up" button on the right. If you haven't logged onto our server yet, make sure to join our server with the Minecraft IP play.cobalt-mc.com, and then come back here to activate your Plus (+) rank!

We hope you enjoy your stay! Welcome!

Contest Ended Summer Beach Home Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by joshwenke, Jun 2, 2017.

1. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    beachhome.png
    Description
    Our next contest will have two huge prizes! In this contest, you will have the opportunity to design your own "summer beach home" in Creative mode! Be as creative as you like using the resources you have in the realm. In Creative, all you can do is look at the entries, not enjoy them to the fullest extent. That's why the winner of the contest will get their dream home (contest submission) moved from to Creative to our Survival realm! Then they can set up their built home as a real summer getaway home in Survival!

Rules / Guidelines
    • You may enter any single house or building. Builds should not be bigger than one standard creative plot (99x99)
    • Your building must be summer-themed. Decorations and landscaping around the house are preferred.
      • We recommend pools, beaches, umbrellas, docks, lawn chairs, picnics or picnic tables
      • The house should look like a summer dream home, for example, including plenty of glass
    • Friends may assist you.
    • You can build the arena on any plot you have access to, as long as you personally built it.
    • You have no block "limits", but designing a house out of diamond blocks will result in disqualification. Because this house is going to be moved to a realm where such a large supply of blocks are not readily available, use expensive blocks sparingly. Limit yourself to maybe a few valuable blocks. Focus on the fact that you don't have to spend hours searching for materials to make your beach house look good, rather than using this as a way to exploit the Creative mode!
    Voting / Judges
    You will be the judges of these entries! In order for the winning house to be moved over, it must have the most votes and surpass the other leading submissions by 4 votes or more.

Forcing*, enticing/bribing**, tricking***, or exploiting**** others to vote for your contest entry is not allowed! Anyone found doing so be immediately disqualified and lose in-game money and/or future opportunities to participate in contests in the future. Please do not abuse the voting system. Have your friends vote for the submission they like the best!
    *Forcing: "Vote for my contest entry or else I will remove your house in my town"
    **Enticing: "If you vote for my contest entry, I'll give you some diamonds in Survival"
    ***Tricking: "Everyone, for free gems use /contest vote 5"
    ****Exploiting: Logging in with multiple accounts and using votes from those alternate accounts.

Submission
    Stand at the beginning of your house and type /contest submit. From there, you will be prompted to agree to the rules and submit your entry.

Deadline
    All entries must be submitted no later than July 1, 2017 at midnight. Voting will begin then, and continue until we have determined a winner.

Prizes
    The winner will get their house moved from Creative to Survival, to a location of their choosing. They also will get 400 gems, which are Cobalt's global virtual currency.

There are also other prizes (only one of the prizes listed below can be given to each person, highest valued prize will be given first if player meets 2+ objectives):
    • Most overall votes: house moved to Survival + 400 gems
    • Second-most overall votes: 300 gems
    • Best overall design: 400 gems
    • Best summer theme: 300 gems
    • Smallest but most functional house: 100 gems
    • Most decorated house: 100 gems
    • Staff favorite: 100 gems
    • All participants: gem prize + special secret prize
  2. OliviaOfHetalia Well-Known Member

Oooh seems like this contest was made for me! I love creating summery stuff! Summer is when my creativity takes flight! Good luck to everyone else! :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    I've noticed a few houses that are either too big (they take up more than a plot, or a full plot), and are filled with too many valuable materials (too much quartz or iron, etc.)

Houses that have a lot of rare materials will be eligible for all prizes except the grand prize of moving the house to Survival. Please keep that in mind when submitting your entry. Don't push it or we won't move it over.
  4. HighTierGamer Well-Known Member

• Supporter
    Hey Josh on my /contest tp 12 plot I replaced everything and madewith lower cost resorces such as snow instead of quartz, would it still be transfered into survival if its made of snow????
  5. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    It will get transferred to survival if it wins first place.

You can still win first place if your building is made out of all quartz or diamond blocks, but we won't transfer it to survival if it has an excessive amount of rare materials.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. HighTierGamer Well-Known Member

• Supporter
    Okay thanks, I gotta admit tho the highlight would be getting it in survival.
  7. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    And a diamond block house could still win first place and win that ability to be transferred, but we'd ask you before we moved it to swap out some of the blocks.
  8. ThatTonybo New Member

If we build something like a big modern house, would that win?
    I'm modeling my entry off my IRL holiday home - which is a big modern house :D
  9. HighTierGamer Well-Known Member

• Supporter
    Just make sure you dont uuse to many expensive materials such as:
    • Diamond/Iron/Gold/Emerald blocks
    • quartz
    • sae lanturns/prismarine/dark prismarine
    • Large amounts of wool
    Also try to make it smaller vs larger in the contest guidelines it says:
    "You may enter any single house or building. Builds should not be bigger than one standard creative plot (99x99)
    Your building must be summer-themed. Decorations and landscaping around the house are preferred."
    I cant find it but they did reccomend you build a small to medium size house, of course this is interpeable to someone like me who loves to make huge house. So a medium for me would probably be like 3/4 of a plot I went with small, I would suggest 20 X 20 to 45 X 45 that way you have room for decorations, I guess the best way for you to see what the guidelines are would be to see the current entries yourself! Do /contest tp # to go and see the different entries, there are some where the houses cover the whole plot and some such as mine ( /Contest tp 12 ) that focus on the surroundings and making it unique as possible :)
    Good luck in the contest and if you need any help send me a message on the forums or in game as I would love to help :) Happy building!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. liamlfc123 Experienced Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Premium
    It did used to say small-medium, but the fact that you can't find it now, is because we changed it to the current wording of making it no bigger than a creative plot.

Also only the house is going to be moved over, so feel free to make the surrounding area as decorated as you like, but only the house will be moved over for the first place winner.
  11. ThatTonybo New Member

Well I have used quite a lot of wool, most of the house is made of glass, wool and wood. :\ bit of a problem there..
  12. joshwenke Active Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Developer
    That sounds just fine!
  13. ThatTonybo New Member

14. HighTierGamer Well-Known Member

• Supporter
    Yeah, the main thing I was talking about with the wool is using like just wool to make a mansion because wool is really expensive ( especilly blue wool ) wool costs anywhere for 11$ to 40$ for each piece, the average house has almost 500 blocks ( mine are around 5000-6000 because i love to build big that means the costs could be insane if you make a house out of wool also quartz is 50$ per block so it adds up very, very quickly.
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. liamlfc123 Experienced Member

• Forum Admin
    • Server Admin
    • Premium
    Please note the new deadline for the contest. You now have until midnight on Saturday night to get your entries in, voting will commence shortly after that.

Again, the new deadline is Saturday 1st July.